On Pinterest, people post and share pictures of things they like, or find funny, or interesting, or poignant, or helpful, or creative, or ridiculous, or romantic, or empowering,…or just about any other human emotion we can express with the help of images.
According to recent reports, over 104 million people cared just in March alone…and Pinterest just became the 3rd most popular social network on the planet according to Experian Hitwise.
Just a few insights from the report:
- 91% of today’s online adults use social media regularly
- Revenue per email averages 2x higher for ‘Friends and Family’ campaigns
- 28% of smartphone owners watch video on their phone in a typical month
- Pinterest is now the 3rd most popular social networking site behind Facebook and Twitter
What this means to the average local Carlsbad small business is – opportunity.
Keep it Simple Stupid
That is the avenue we hope to explore and perhaps clarify with this attempt to cut through the social media chaff and arm local Carlsbad business owners with another actionable ingredient to their social media battle plan.
Pinterest is a social bookmarking utility – for images, a virtual pinboard. Take it right from the Pinterest mission statement:
Our goal is to connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting. We think that a favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people. With millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is connecting people all over the world based on shared tastes and interests.
Every single one of your customers has something in common – your business!
What this means is as users, we create quasi photo albums to share with our followers by “pinning” images of products, people, places, or things, we (or our business, products, service in action…etc.) find interesting, alarming, humorous, informative…Then our followers do the same with our content.
Is any of this making sense yet?
How Can Carlsbad Business Owners Gain New Customers on Pinterest?
- Post images of products.
- Post images of customers using your products, or illustrating some creative uses with your products.
- ‘Pin’ images that connect your brand with the community.
- Share with your community – that goes for local businesses and existing customers.
- Maintain an active & engaging presence where the conversation is taking place…on Pinterest!
Here are some hard to argue facts – as they exist at the time of writing this article.
- Pinterest is extremely popular
- Pinterest can drive traffic to your website (if you don’t have a website, or have some POS website that looks like crap…2012 called – it’s time for a digital makeover)
- Pinterest can build SEO value (even with recent changes)
Be sure to check out the staggeringly socially sharing statistics outlining the explosive growth – like the Shareaholic Referral Traffic Report, that states in January 2012 Pinterest drove more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined.
Where are all the Carlsbad small businesses on Pinterest?
Still kicking around the idea of updating that horrible website, and launching that business Facebook page this year?
It’s already April.
Your more digitally adept competitors are licking their chops and stealing your customers every minute you delay enacting an effective social media monitoring & monetization campaign as part of your digital marketing plan.
Click here to contact us – take the first step in socializing your customer community communications and localizing your digital business identity.